Sunday, February 10, 2008

listening

How beautiful are the feet that bring good news.

I know that this scripture is referencing the gospel, but I think that sometimes it can apply in other situations. I have an old dear friend of mine who listened to the Holy Spirit and gave me a call yesterday. He called to share a scripture that he had been praying over me. It was what God wanted me to hear. You see, this is not the first time that this particular friend has been prompted by the Spirit. His life displays a pattern of following God's call. So yesterday, even though it was a phone call, his feet were beautiful.

I pray that I will listen to the Holy Spirit. I pray that I will be so in tune with the Holy Spirit that I will know exactly when and how to minister to others. I pray that Christ will be glorified in the way I live my life.

My friend, you told me that you read my blog. So I'm writing this in hope that you will read and be encouraged. You are a true man after God's heart. You have always been my Barnabas. Today is a much brighter day. That doesn't mean that everything will work out the way that I always thought it would. It does mean that I know that God is in control, and that through all of the experiences in my life, and the lives of people like you, that, "many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord." That's what it's all about.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Jessica, I, too, desire to respond to the Holy Spirit EVERYTIME. It's in the times that I have responded, that someone has been blessed, and/or I've been blessed by being obedient. I truly appreciate your honesty in your blogging - it has touched me more than I've shared.

Sarah said...

Jessica, you encourage me - you challenge me - you inspire me to go deeper to draw closer to our Savior. I agree with Kristy - your authenticity has blessed me more than you know. Know I pray for you and Kyle. You are a gift to us. We love you guys! I still want us to hang out. We have to make that happen.

love you!
It's all about HIM!!!