Wednesday, January 23, 2008

winter

I cannot stand cold weather, especially when it comes to car rider duty at school. It has been absolutely frigid the past couple of days. And yesterday I forgot a hat, scarf and gloves, so that didn't help at all.

Even though I don't like cold weather, I absolutely love winter food. Chicken and dumplings, chili, any type of soup. All of that makes me happy. There is nothing like a good bowl of soup in front of a fire. It truly is little things that bring joy during busy lives. I need to remember to be thankful for the little things.

Kyle and I are up to verse seven in Psalm 34. It's funny when God actually brings scripture to mind that you have memorized. (I don't know why I am always surprised by that. Of course, Jessica, that's one of the ways the Holy Spirit works.) I've used those verses at several different points this week. In particular, I've used verse 4, "I sought the Lord and he answered me. He delivered me from all my fears." I've had some fears lately, but I have confidence that God will deliver me from those fears as long as I'm seeking him.

God is good. God loves me. God loves you. God is going to deliver you from all your fears.

No comments: