Saturday, March 29, 2008

hope

Today I have this great sense of hope. I can't explain why because I don't know why. I went to the grocery store to get some supplies for a cake, and the clerk said that I look happy. I thought that was really odd to hear, but as I was leaving I realized that I had been smiling throughout the store. I probably looked like a fool. Who walks through the grocery store by herself smiling? It doesn't matter, though. I do feel good today.

One of Kyle's responsibilities with church is to write the home team curriculum. He looks at the pastor's notes for Sunday's sermon, then picks out a new passage of Scripture that covers the same topic. This week Keith's sermon is on fear. Kyle has picked out Psalm 34 to study with home teams. I'm so glad that he and I started memorizing that passage. On Monday I was very sad and blue. This week was the six month mark of the miscarriage, and our due date is one week away from today. Needless to say, it's been a challenging week. But as Kyle and I lay in bed on Monday night, I started quoting Psalm 34 through my tears. It's a great reminder that God cares, listens, and satisfies. He sustains me.

So the hope that I have today is not from me. It's from my God. He gives rest to the weary, care to the hurting, and hope to the hopeless. He is the only one who can do that. He is worthy to be praised.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You inspire me, and reading your blog reminds me what a wonderful gift scripture is.

Anonymous said...

Wow. God speaks through you. Your latest blog entry is very uplifting. What is the song that you have playing?

Jessica said...

I'm not sure which song was playing when you clicked on. If you look at the bottom of my blog, there's a play list. Maybe if you scroll through those you can figure out which one was playing. Sorry I'm not any help!