Sunday, March 9, 2008

stress

I have been stressed lately. Between TAKS and other things going on, I have found little time to date my husband. I think that dating my husband is a stress relief for me. We're going to take care of that, though. Kyle and I are going to Fredericksburg next Sunday through Tuesday. We'll be staying at a bed and breakfast called Rose Hill Manor. Just in case you're interested, the website is www.rose-hill.com. We are so excited.

I am so thankful that God is good to remind me of scripture. Last week, in the midst of feeling overwhelmed and frustrated, I asked Kyle about a scripture. I knew there was a verse that started out, "Let us no grow weary in doing good..." but I couldn't remember the rest or where it was found. Kyle looked it up in Galations. It's chapter six, verse nine. "Let us not grow weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

I have found myself needing encouragement lately. I have felt the stresses of work (well, and life) building up and getting to me. I am so thankful that the Holy Spirit is in me. There is no way that on my own I can recall that scripture (which I never remember memorizing, by the way). I believe that the Holy Spirit knew that I needed a reminder of why I do what I do. When I don't see a friend come to know Jesus in my own timing I feel like I'm failing. But the Holy Spirit reminds me that I don't need to give up, that the harvest will be reaped according to God's timing, not my own. I just need to keep fighting the good fight.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Enjoy your trip - that sounds like fun!

Waiting said...

I love who you are and I love life with you. Christ in you makes you amazing.
-hubbah-hubby

Kelli said...

I am so excited for y'all! We went to Fredericksburg for our anniversary one year and loved it. It's very relaxing. Let us know if you want any recommendations for while you're there.