Monday, June 9, 2008

a few insignificant thoughts

One-Summer school starts for students tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. I received a phone call on Friday saying that there weren't as many students registered as they had expected, so we were told we might be losing teachers. I was not too nervous about it because I think I would be happy either way. We ended up only losing one teacher on our grade level. Summer school is going to be a little more work than I expected, but I always enjoy a new challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing how much growth we can achieve in such a short amount of time. I love seeing growth that children make in a classroom. It's so incredibly amazing.

Two-Kyle and I watched Nashville Star tonight. We've never watched it before. There was actually a girl on the show that we knew from Pantego Bible Church. She was one of the best contestants, so that was pretty exciting.

Another thing-I can't believe these gas prices!! I'm so glad that we've budgeted for gas for our trips this summer. And I'm so incredibly thankful I drive a Civic. I love my car, but I love it now more than ever. Thirty-eight miles per gallon has never been so good.

Finally-I would love to be in great shape, but I never want to be a female body builder. It just doesn't appeal to me. Thankfully I don't think my husband wants me to look that way either.

No comments: