Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Head vs. Heart

Last night Kyle and I took a great walk. We talked about how this whole experience feels like a battle between our heads and our hearts. In my head I know that everything will be okay. In my head I know that God is faithful and that He has a perfect plan. My heart just can't move as quickly as my head can. My head seems to want to move through the grieving process quickly, while my heart wants to sit and mourn for a little while longer. I think this is normal, though. I can kind of compare it to faith. I have faith and know that God is real and that He has changed my life, but I don't always feel His presence. Fortunately the Bible tells me over and over that I can know God and how I can know that I belong to Him even though I might not always feel that way.

Tonight has been the best night since the miscarriage. It's probably the most hopeful I have felt in a week. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband that knows how to be there for me. He doesn't have to be strong or tough, I just like it that he is here to hold my hand. We're going to hold hands and walk through this trial together. There is hope.

"To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy which so powerfully works in me."

Colossians 1:27-29

The phrase I keep thinking of is "Christ in you, the hope of glory." That pops in my head many times each day. But then when I went back and read the rest of the verses, it made me realize that the whole "Christ in me" part is what's going to make the difference in the lives of my friends and neighbors and other people I meet. I can't make a difference on my own, but with Christ in me, I don't have to worry. He changes people. That is a very good thing.

No comments: