Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Helping the Hurting

I wish that we were all willing to be helped and held when we are hurting and in need.

I wish that we never felt like we had to do life on our own.

I wish that culture didn't tell us that we have to be strong and independent in order to be successful.

I wish we didn't believe all of the lies culture tells us.

So, if you read this, then please reach out to the hurting. Also, if you are hurting, be willing to accept help from your friends. Let your friends love you. You don't have to do it on your own. You will never be able to do it on your own.

Christ is in me. I can't do it on my own. I can't help a friend on my own. But, if my friend needs someone to lean on, it is Christ in me that is strong. It is Christ in me that my friend can depend on. It is Christ in me that loves my friend through thick and thin. It is Christ in me.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Great reminder, Jessica!