Monday, October 1, 2007

One More Thing

I took a great run tonight. I listened to my music. For running I can't seem to use worship music, I have to use pop and rock. I really enjoy running. It clears my head and makes me feel healthy, especially since I really enjoy those chocolate chip cookies or brownies and ice cream here and there.

When I got back home I sat in the bed of Kyle's truck and listened to a couple of songs. They are songs that I think really mean a lot to me right now. One is "The Glory of It All" by David Crowder. It is an incredible song. Kyle and I always wanted our marriage to be for God's glory. This song reminds me of that. I know that everything that I do throughout each day should be done for the glory of God.

I also listened to "You Are God Alone." This is absolutely one of my favorite worship songs. I love all the verses, the chorus, and the bridge. The chorus says, "You are God alone. From before time began you were on your throne. You are God alone. And right now in the good times and bad you are on your throne. You are God alone." It reminds me of the reading we've been doing in home teams from 1 John 1 where he talks about Jesus being from the beginning, also tying back to John 1. He is from the beginning, before the beginning, and He is always. That is an unfathomable thought for me.

The last one was Matt Redman's "You Never Let Go." Now I will admit I've never been a Matt Redman fan. Kyle really likes him. But the verses in this song are taken straight from scripture. It's great for me to listen to because it reminds me of God's promises. His perfect love drives out all fear. He never lets go of me.

It's awesome to know that in my weakness (which I have a lot of), God is strong. That's a good thing.

No comments: